Ralph Zipper, MD, FACOG, FPMRS
President & Chief Executive Officer
- 20 years of Health Care industry experience as a world-renowned Key-Opinion-Leader in UroGynecology, a leading authority on pelvic reconstructive surgery & incontinence, and a Life Sciences marketing advisor.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Uroshape LLC, a vertically-integrated medical device company with proprietary laser technology and methods for the treatment of pelvic pain.
- Vast track record in product development and commercialization including: IP portfolio growth, regulatory pathways, R&D, clinical trials, branding, salesforce training, M&A, surgeon training and Prof Ed.
- Pioneer of numerous revolutionary & disruptive surgical techniques and inventor of the Incision-less Vaginal Rejuvenation® laser procedure holding multiple patents in light and laser therapy.
- Completed post-doctoral fellowship in gynecology and obstetrics with Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine. Earned doctor of medicine degree at Mount Sinai School of Medicine at The City University of New York. Received bachelor of science in biology from the University of Connecticut.
Chairman, Board of Directors
Over 40 years of medical technology experience as an executive, board member and pioneer in the development of numerous minimally-invasive medical devices & systems in the Orthopedics sector.
Co-Chairman of the Board and Independent Committee Chairman for LENSAR, a cutting-edge ophthalmology laser technology company. Board Advisor to OrthoMedFlex, a nanotech medical device company.
Former Chairman of the Board, Lead Director, Compensation & Governance Committee Chairman and Audit Committee Member for MAKO Surgical, which was acquired by Stryker (SYK) in 2013.
Served as CEO and Group President for Orthofix International (OFIX), a global medical device company and past President of Smith & Nephew Endoscopy (formerly Dyonics), a world leading manufacturer of arthroscopy products.
Previous Board Member roles with Power Medical Interventions, Orthofix International, Alveolus, BioMimetic Therapeutics, SRI Surgical Express and OrthoRx.
- Served on the Board of Trustees for the Orthopedic Research & Education Foundation and the American Sports Medicine Institute. Past Advisory Board Member with Virginia Tech & Wake Forest University, School of Biomedical Engineering and Science.
- Over 35 years of medical device industry management and operations experience as an entrepreneur, executive and board member with numerous startup and multinational organizations.
- Served as President & CEO of Wright Medical Group (WMGI), a global leader in the orthopedic foot and ankle sector.
- Former President of Americas Division for Orthofix International (OFIX), a global diversified medical device company.
- Past President & CEO of United Orthopedic Group (merged with Breg Inc.), a world-class orthopedic products and services company.
- Current Board Director posts with Orchid Orthopedic Solutions and OrthoAlign.
- Previous Board Member roles with Wright Medical Group (WMGI), Hutchinson Technology (HTCH) and Innovative Spinal Technologies.
Ernest M. Stern, Esq.
- Ernest M. Stern is a partner in the law firm Culhane Meadows PLLC. He specializes in corporate and securities law, including public financings through IPOs, reverse mergers, and PIPEs, mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations and restructuring.
- Has served as issuer’s counsel and underwriter’s counsel in IPOs of companies in a variety of industries and has represented venture capital firms and companies in many private financings, primarily of technology and life science companies
- Served as General Counsel of an Inc. 100 company and was compliance officer of its registered broker/dealer affiliate and is a member of several angel investor groups in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Graduate of Bowdoin College (A.B., phi beta kappa, summa cum laude) and Georgetown University Law Center (J.D. and LL.M. (Taxation), Case and Note Editor, Law & Policy in International Business).